St John’s is a thriving independent, co-educational day and boarding school situated in beautiful surroundings overlooking the castle in Chepstow. The school is divided into three sections: Hedgehogs Nursery (52 week care), Pre-Prep and Prep Schools. Children range from 3 months to 13 years old.
We are a close-knit, family-orientated school where children are treated with care and respect, and as individuals who all have talents that need nurturing.
We focus on providing the very best academic and pastoral support, believing strongly in the value that a breadth of experiences can add to a child’s character as they develop. Class sizes are small and the staff to pupil ratio is difficult to beat with specialist teaching from a young age in all subjects.
We offer outstanding learning support to those who need extra help with their studies.
Why choose St John’s on-the-Hill?
- Small class sizes mean every child is well known and supported.
- A close-knit, family-orientated school with excellent pastoral support.
- Flexible and able to work around each child’s needs.
- Inclusive – every child participates in music, arts and sport.
- Excellent wraparound care and flexi-boarding – a home from home.
- Exceptional music and drama.
- 100% success at Common Entrance and very high rate of senior school scholarships.
- Scholarships continue to Dean Close Senior School.
- A unique location – beautiful and historic, close to the Wye Valley and Forest of Dean, nestling on the border of England and Wales with Bristol, Cardiff, Newport and Monmouth on the doorstep.
- It is a fun and happy school!