Kindergarten enjoys the excellent range of facilities, both indoors and out, on-site including:
- a dedicated Pre-Prep department complete with Pre-Prep assembly hall and well equipped classrooms (each enjoying direct access to outside space);
- a full sized sports hall, Astro-turf pitch, rugby pitches, netball and tennis courts, cricket ground and further sports fields;
- weekly lessons in our onsite forest school;
- weekly swimming lessons in our indoor pool;
- dining facilities where all our children enjoy a hot lunch (and salad bar). Our food is freshly prepared daily and uses much locally sourced produce. Kindergarten staff will enjoy lunch together with the children encouraging healthy food choices and good table manners;
- an adventure playground and various other outdoor play areas;
- a main assembly hall housing our drama stage complete with lighting and sound equipment;
- a well-stocked library; and
- a medical room staffed by our full time paediatric nurse.
Located in St John’s Prep-Prep, next to the main school, Kindergarten provides a wonderful introduction to school in a secure and stimulating environment purposefully designed for young children. As with all of St John’s classes there is an excellent pupil to teacher ratio (an average of 12 pupils) enabling our Kindergarten teacher and classroom assistant to provide tailored learning support and to cater each child’s individual needs.
The curriculum is carefully structured to balance learning with fun and closely follows the Reception curriculum. The children are taught by specialist teachers for Drama, Music and PE. Classroom activities are enriched with visits to our on-site Forest School and there are many performance opportunities, including Christmas and Summer productions.
We run a varied after-school activity programme that changes termly. In addition we also provide excellent and affordable wraparound care to assist busy families. Kindergarten will run during term-time, however holiday provision is also be available.
For further information please view the Kindergarten Welcome Booklet 2020.
If you would like to register your interest for Kindergarten, or if you have any questions, please contact our Head of Admissions, Leana Ward, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07469 140 449.