The Dean Close Foundation consists of Dean Close Senior, Preparatory and Pre-Preparatory Schools based in Cheltenham, St. John’s Preparatory School in Chepstow and five Nurseries in Gloucestershire and Newport.
St. John’s (Dean Close) is divided into three sections; a Nursery (52 week care), Pre-Prep and Preparatory School, with children ranging from 3 months to 13 years.
A part-time Catering Assistant / Domestic Cleaner is required for 16 hours per week, 35 weeks of the year:
Catering Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with all of St John’s (Dean Close) Health & Safety H.A.C.C.P Regulations.
- Assist with all aspects of the preparation of food service areas and presentation of food to St John’s (Dean Close) Standards.
- To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
- Serve food and drink to customers and guests as directed.
- Assist with the replenishment of food, beverages and equipment to ensure service periods do not stop.
- Assist with hygienic cleaning of utensils and work areas after service periods.
- Assist with the implementation of cleaning schedules to agreed standards.
- Promote a friendly working relationship with colleagues.
- Promote a good image of St John’s (Dean Close) to customers and guests by using positive customer service practices.
- To assist with the set-up, service, clearing and cleaning of function catering as requested.
- To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s activities.
Cleaning Duties and Responsibilities
- To clean specified areas of the school to the required standard as instructed by the Domestic Bursar;
- Wash floors, surfaces, fixtures and fittings and walls up to a specified height;
- Cleaning inside windows up to a specified height;
- Sweeping and vacuuming floors;
- Polishing and dusting surfaces and furniture;
- Cleaning toilets and shower areas;
- Use cleaning materials as appropriate and according to their instructions for use;
- To empty bins and remove rubbish from the premises;
- To take recyclable materials to appropriate recycling points;
- To report any damages to school property or other relevant matters to the Domestic Bursar;
- To use power cleaning equipment as directed;
- To undertake relevant non routine cleaning as instructed by the Domestic Bursar;
- To undertake any relevant training as required;
- To comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Regulations;
- To take reasonable care for the Health and Safety of themselves and for others;
- To co-operate with the employer in ensuring that Health and Safety Responsibilities are carried out;
- To undertake any other relevant duties as instructed.
Completed application forms to email@example.com by 5pm on Thursday 31st October.
The Dean Close Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.